Grayling fishing River Tweed – Wade fishing on a world famous river
Enjoy a day with a professional guide, Grayling fishing on the River Tweed. A chance to catch a real specimen fish. The Grayling is the fourth game fish and sometimes referred to as the lady of the stream. Enjoy exciting streamy fly water in a private stretch of Scotland’s River Tweed
Prime season December to Mid March
The River Tweed is one of the finest grayling rivers in Europe with 2lb + fish commonplace and 3lb + specimens every season to our guests rods.
The iconic River Tweed
The River Tweed, is 97 miles (156km) long and one of the best rivers in Scotland. The River Tweed is set in stunning scenery, yet you will be experiencing some of the best fly fishing in Scotland only 50 minutes from Edinburgh City Centre and 2 hours from Glasgow. The river has an abundance of trout, sea trout, grayling and salmon. Tweed (cloth) also derives its name from its association with the River Tweed.
How does your guided grayling fishing day go?
You can be collected from your hotel by your guide, a day normal runs from 08:30 to 17:30, however we are flexible with timings.
We provide everything you need. Quality fishing tackle and specialist Scottish tied flies. Waterproofs and waders are supplied as are eye protection/sun glasses.
Your guide will be on your shoulder all day and is happy to show you Scottish fishing techniques, give you casting tips, take photos and share stories. When you need solitude you can just enjoy the river.
Included in this package
- All licenses and fishing permits for a private stretch of the river
- Transport arrangements
- Dedicated professional guide. Guided fishing at its best
- The latest fishing tackle and techniques; hand tied flies and top-end tackle (Tenkara techniques also available at no extra charge)
- Photographs of the day – link to Dropbox
- Clothing, footwear/ waders and sunglasses
- All you need bring is your enthusiasm
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap £25
- Tenkara fishing, no extra charge
- Gourmet cooked lunches served in riverside cabin, with wine and a welcome Dram. All the ingredients are locally sourced and organic. £40 for one, £60 for two.
- Photo book of your day’s experience £120
- Alba Game fishing secret weapon fly box- with 20 hand tied patterns £100