Grayling fishing River Tweed System – Wade fishing on a world famous river and tributaries
Enjoy a day with a professional guide, Grayling fishing on the River Tweed system. A chance to catch a real specimen fish. The Grayling is the fourth game fish and sometimes referred to as the lady of the stream. Enjoy exciting streamy fly water in a private stretch of Scotland’s River Tweed
Prime season November to Mid March
The River Tweed is one of the finest grayling rivers in Europe with 2lb + fish commonplace and 3lb + specimens every season to our guests rods.
The iconic River Tweed
The River Tweed, is 97 miles (156km) long and one of the best rivers in Scotland. The River Tweed is set in stunning scenery, and you can enjoy world class grayling fishing, some of the best fly fishing in Scotland, only 50 minutes from Edinburgh City Centre and 2 hours from Glasgow. The river has an abundance of trout, sea trout, grayling and salmon. On days when the Tweed is not fishing as well, due to conditions, there some truly magnificent tributaries to target, like the River Teviot, Ettrick, Leader and Whiteadder. The River Teviot is one of the best grayling rivers in Scotland, and joins the Tweed at the world famous Junction Pool in Kelso.
How does your guided grayling fishing day go?
You can be collected from your hotel by your guide, a day normal runs from 08:30 to 17:30, however we are flexible with timings.
We provide everything you need. You can try the fantastic Orvis Clearwater 10ft 2 weight, and the Sage ESN 10ft 2 weight grayling nymphing rods, and specialist Scottish tied nymphs, tied by a Scottish internationalist river fisherman and guide with Alba. Waterproofs and waders are supplied as are eye protection/sun glasses.
Your guide will be on your shoulder all day and will help you ready the river, point you to where the fish are and give tips on the techniques. When you need solitude you can just enjoy the river.
Included in this package
- All licenses and fishing permits for a private stretch of the river
- Transport arrangements
- Dedicated professional guide. A Tweed system river expert
- The latest fishing tackle and techniques; hand tied flies and top-end tackle (Tenkara techniques can also be tried)
- Photographs of the day – link to Dropbox
- Clothing, footwear/ waders and sunglasses
- All you need bring is your enthusiasm
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap £20
- Tenkara fishing, no extra charge
- Gourmet cooked lunches served in riverside cabin, with wine and a welcome Dram. All the ingredients are locally sourced and organic. £40 for one, £60 for two.
- Professional photography of your day, using full frame Nikon DSLR cameras and prime lenses. Link to dropbox and phonebook £350.00
- Alba Game fishing secret weapon fly box- with 25 hand tied jig head nymphs of various sizes £100.00 in Fulling Mill Fly Box