Fly Fishing courses for beginners in Scotland
Fly fishing lessons in a fully-equipped loch-side fishing cabin, various fishing venues throughout Scotland. You?ll be taught all about the fishing tackle, the flies used, what techniques, fishing tackle, when and how to fish them, how to read the water and how to cast a fly rod.
In the afternoon session, we put theory into practice and get on the water to try casting techniques and ultimately to catch a trout. Starting with the roll -cast and then to the overhead cast, these two simple fly casts are all you need to get you up and running.
The venue is a beautiful, secluded trout loch 50 mins from Edinburgh. If you catch a trout, we can prepare it to take home and show off to friends and family. You may take up to a maximum of two fish home. The loch is one of the finest trout lochs close to Edinburgh, it has 3 acres of exciting fishing. The trout are easy to catch and hard fighting. Lunch can be included in a fully equipped lochside cabin. At the end of this exciting day, we will provide you with a certificate and a baseball hat.
For those in other areas in Scotland, we have rivers and lochs to teach in various locations. Last year 2019, we delivered courses in Aberdeenshire, Caithness, Inverness, The Highlands, The Borders, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Key learnings on this day
- Learn the graceful art of fly fishing with this full-day experience
- Tuition by Professional Orvis or Hardy endorsed fishing guides/casting instructors
- Learn the practical elements of fly fishing before casting a line
- Enjoy fishing on Scotland’s finest trout lochs
- Soak up the peaceful surroundings fishing from the bank
- Depending on your success rate, you can take home up to two fish
- And if you don’t make a catch, there’s still a certificate to show your friends