Trout Fishing near Edinburgh
Escape the city and enjoy the best trout fishing near Edinburgh. We offer fishing professional fishing guides, transport, fishing tackle and permits, taking all the hassle away for your fishing trip in Scotland.
Venue A – Fishing Stillwater Loch close to Edinburgh
This wild and scenic loch is a short drive from your hotel in Edinburgh, you will be surrounded by wonderful scenery and fantastic fishing.
Our guides have fished in these waters for over 40 years. They know every technique to catch fish. Fishing is from the bank or a drifting boat, sturdy enough to take two anglers and a fishing guide.
The trout are free rising and plentiful and average 2lb in weight. This venue offers some of the best loch fishing in Scotland, close to Edinburgh.
This venue is approx 25 minutes from Edinburgh City Centre, so ideal for a half day fishing trip.
Venue B Trout Fishing Loch – 1 hour from Edinburgh
This stunning spring fed loch is located an easy 1-hour drive to the East of Edinburgh and was one of the first in Scotland to offer rainbow trout fishing. The loch is approx 22 acres and fishing is fly only. The boats at this loch are sturdy enough to take two anglers and a guide. We supply Crewsaver auto – inflate life vests, which were renewed in 2021. The fish in this loch are free rising and this means most of the sport is “top of the water”. The bank fishing at this loch is also highly productive, with free rising fish easily accessed from a safe wadable shoreline.
Our team has a huge breadth of knowledge and experience fishing here, and know the patterns that work well for different conditions. There is a lodge overlooking the loch, suitable to serve lunch and enjoy a break.
A typical day trout fishing with Alba
Our guide will collect you from your hotel and drive you through some scenic landscapes to arrive at the loch-side.
On arrival, we will give you a welcome tea/ coffee, change into your waterproofs and provide you with an auto-inflate life vest if fishing from the boat. Our preference is to always fish imitative patterns and if possible on the surface, however, we have other options available for those tricky days.
We can include photography (extra cost). We will send you a link to Dropbox, to download the images.
Your fishing guide will be on your shoulder all day and will show you Scottish fishing techniques, casting tips, take photos and share stories.
- Trout fishing permits (no license required in Scotland)
- Pick up and drop off at your Edinburgh hotel
- Quality fishing tackle, Orvis Helios 3, or SAGE LL trout rods with a choice of Barrio or Rio lines and clothing – home tied Scottish trout flies
- The latest fishing tackle and techniques to try Orvis Helios 2 and 3 rods, Sage LL fly rods, hand-tied flies and top-end tackle
- Dedicated professional trout fishing guides. SGAIC casting instructors available
- A welcome dram of Scotland’s finest Malt whisky
- Concierge service prior to your arrival – email any requests, we can help
Optional extras for your fishing trip
- Alba Game Fishing baseball cap – £20
- Gourmet cooked lunch, with wine and a welcome Dram. Organic and locally sourced ingredients- £40 for 1 person, £60 for two.
- Professional photographer for the day, using full frame DSLR camera and prime lenses, link sent to dropbox and photo book created. £350
- Alba Game fishing box of “game changer” hand-tied trout flies – with 15 must have flies £75 in a Fulling Mill box