Trout fishing near Inverness – An Overview
This stunning shallow clear loch offer trout fishing near Inverness, and some of the best wild brown trout fishing in Scotland.
Fishing is fly only from a drifting boat which is sturdy enough to take two anglers and a fishing guide. The wild brown trout in this loch are free rising, plentiful and mostly caught on surface dry flies. This loch is one of the best fishing spots in Scotland and produces some of the most attractively marked wild brown trout in Scotland.
Your fishing guides are highly experienced in the art of wild trout fishing from a boat. If you have never tried the Scottish fishing techniques of drifting in a boat fishing a team of flies, then this is an experience in Scotland not to be missed.
What to expect on a day trout fishing
You will be collected from your hotel or fishing lodge by your fishing guide and driven through some scenic landscapes to arrive at the loch-side, where your boat awaits.
On arrival, we will give you a welcome dram of fine single Malt and or tea/ coffee, change into your waterproofs and provide you with an auto-inflate life vest.
Your guide holds a powerboat qualification as well as being a first aider and qualified Orvis Endorsed Guide. Fishing is all catch and release. The trout are generally caught using surface flies, muddlers, and dry flies.
Throughout the day your fishing guide will take photos, and at the end of the trip, you will be sent a link to Dropbox to download your images.
Your guide will focus on your safety, well-being and comfort.
Included in this package
- Fishing permits for Loch Eye
- Sturdy boat with electric outboard will take two anglers and a guide
- Transport to /from your hotel within 20 mile radius
- Professional Orvis Endorsed guidance/
- The latest fishing tackle and techniques to try Orvis Helios 2 rods, Orvis Helios 3 trout rods hand-tied trout flies and top-end tackle
- Pro photographs of the day taken on Nikon FX-format camera
- Rain gear, auto inflate life vest and spare sunglasses
- Alba Game Fishing “Fishing in Scotland” Baseball cap
- Photobook of your day’s experience £120
- Alba Game fishing fly box – with 25 hand crafted highly effective trout flies, tied by our guides, for fishing in the Highlands – £80.00