Salmon Fishing River Dee – overview
The River Dee rises in the Cairngorm Mountains and flows through Royal Deeside, for over 80 miles through Aberdeenshire and enters the North Sea at Aberdeen. It is one of the most attractive rivers in Scotland to fish.
We have two professional guides based on the River Dee and with over 30 years experience fishing it’s various beats. They will assist with reading the river, what flies to use, how to fish each pool and keeping you safe.
What beat to choose, very much depends on the time of year, river conditions and budget. Generally all River Dee fishing permits are reasonable in price and accessible.
The Dee is widely known as one of the great salmon rivers in Scotland and indeed the world. Anyone who has ever cast a fly for Atlantic salmon will know the allure of this river. Since 2004 Alba has been welcoming guests from all over the world, who come in search of the ultimate prize: a Dee springer(spring salmon) taken on the fly.
A typical salmon fishing day on the Dee
Your guide can collect you at your lodgings in or around Aberdeen, Banchory, Ballater or Braemar and drive you to the River. Everything you need will be provided, the very best salmon fishing tackle, breathable waders, automatic life vests, and photography.
Your Orvis fishing guide will stay with you all day and be on hand for casting tips, and any other assistance. We will fish until lunch-time, then break for a delicious hot lunch (optional) in a river-side log cabin. We use organic and locally sourced ingredients for our fishing lunches. A taste of Scotland.
Any images you fishing guide takes of you, such as grip and grin, holding a fish will be shared at the end of the trip you will be sent a link to Dropbox to download the images. If you prefer we can arrange a professional photographer to cover the day (see optional extras below)
Included in your fishing experience
- Fishing permits salmon fishing on the River Dee
- Transport to /from hotel in Aberdeen or surrounding area
- The latest salmon fishing tackle, Scott Mackenzie rods, Orvis breathable Waders, boots with Vibram soles and tungsten studs
- A selection of sink tips and hand-tied River Dee salmon flies
- Auto inflate life vests
- Professional dedicated guidance, by an Orvis Endorsed guide
- Photographs of the day ? for each guest
- Professional photographs of your fishing experience by a dedicated pro. Link sent to Dropbox or DVD provided, includes photo book of your day’s experience – £350.00
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap – £20
- Gourmet cooked riverside lunches served in a riverside cabin, with wine and a welcome Dram. Organic or locally sourced ingredients. – £40 for one £60 for two.
- Excellent local accommodation
- Specialist Box of salmon flies, hand tied by Alba Guides 20 of the best salmon flies for the River Dee (that work) £80.00