Salmon Fishing River Tweed with a Fishing Guide
If you are looking for the best salmon fishing near Edinburgh, then the River Tweed offers fly fishing for Atlantic Salmon with a professional fishing guide. Salmon can be caught throughout the season and the secret is to pick the right beats. sections of the river for each time of the season and water level. The salmon fishing season on River Tweed commences 1st February and runs late into the season finishing on 30th November. The river rises in Tweeds Well and flows eastwards 97 miles through Peebles, Galashiels, Selkirk, Hawick, Kelso before flowing into the North Sea at Berwick upon Tweed.
The River Tweed as well being famous for the origin of Tweed cloth is one of the best salmon fishing rivers in Scotland. Anglers have been fly fishing for the run of Atlantic salmon on the Tweed since the 17th century. The River Tweed is the second longest river in Scotland (97 miles) and produces more fish caught to the fly than any other river in the UK.
How does your fishing day go?
Your fly fishing guide will collect you from your hotel and transport you to the river. Days normally run from 08:00 to 18:00, however, we are flexible with timings. Transport to the river can be provided in a Luxury Land Rover or similar Vehicle.
We provide everything you need. Quality fishing tackle and specialist Scottish tied salmon flies. Orvis waterproof wading jackets, waders, and quality wading boots are supplied as are sunglasses.
Your fishing guide will be on your shoulder all day and is happy to give you casting tips, Spey casting tuition, advice on river craft, take photos and share stories. When you need solitude you can just enjoy the river
What’s Included in a Salmon Fishing Day on the River Tweed
- Fishing permits for a private stretch of the river Tweed
- Transport arrangements – Hire and Reward Insurance
- Professional fishing guides
- The latest fishing tackle and techniques; hand tied salmon flies and premium fishing tackle.
- We will teach you Spey Casting with the 15ft rod.
- Photographs of the day link to Dropbox(taken by your guide on a compact camera or iPhone)
- Clothing, footwear/ waders, and sunglasses
- Professional photographs of your fishing experience by a dedicated pro. Link sent to Dropbox or DVD provided – £150
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap – £20
- Gourmet cooked lunches served in a riverside cabin, with wine and a welcome Dram. Organic or locally sourced ingredients. – £40 for one £50 for two.
- Photobook of your day’s experience (if Photography option is chosen) £120
- Excellent local accommodation
- Specialist Box of salmon flies, hand tied by Alba Guides 20 salmon flies for the Tweed (that work) £80.00