Sea Fishing near Edinburgh from a Chartered boat
Firstly, the Berwickshire coast offers varied, and productive sea fishing from a boat close to the shore. You can catch Pollack, cod, mackerel, wrasse, and ling, as well as a variety of sea fish.
Interestingly, the Berwickshire coast is a world famous Geological site, where Dr James Hutton discovered the theories of conformity. Therefore you can ex[ect to see amazing cliffs and geological rock formations. In addition, the Bass Rock, is available to visit. This is one of the worlds true wonders.
What to expect
Firstly, we only arrange trips on a chartered boat basis. Our meeting point is Dunbar harbour. Each sea fishing session lasts approx 6 hours.
Secondly, everything you need will be provided, the best quality sea fishing tackle, brand new auto – inflate (crewsaver) life vests, photography. Fishing is fly or spin casting with lures, jig heads, and soft plastics lures.
Your professional guide, and sea skipper will assist you on the boat. Trips are typically 6 hours, though we are flexible with timings. Departure times are dictated by the tidal times.
Moreover, most of the fishing is close to the shoreline. As a result, you will be targeting these fish in 25-40ft depth. In addition the boat is often sheltered from the Westerly wind, as you are tucked under the clifftops out of the way.
Finally, guests can keep some fish for the table on this trip. In addition, we encourage fishing to be sustainable, and most fish are released safely.
Lastly, we would know this a day or two in advance if bad weather prohibits the trip. Likewise, we can offer guests a worthwhile alternative on bad weather days, trout fishing nearby.
What’s Included on a sea fishing trip
- Chartered boat with qualified skipper and guide.
- Meet at Dunbar Harbour (times vary due to the tide)
- High quality sea fishing tackle, terminal tackle, lures and flies
- Professional guide, and a qualified skipper (two men looking after you)
- Photographs of the day for each guest
- Alba Game Fishing “Fishing in Scotland” baseball cap
- Box of saltwater flies. Hand tied by our guides £POA
- Gourmet packed lunch served on the boat. All the ingredients are locally sourced and organic. £35 for one £50 for two
- Excellent local accommodation can be recommended
Important Safety Notes
- No Alcohol to be consumed on the boat – Your safety is our prime concern
- Not suitable for groups larger than 3 pax
- Trip may be cancelled at short notice due to adverse weather. We will notify you the night before if plans change. We can offer an alternative fishing experience if the sea is un-fishable.