Sea Fishing near Edinburgh
*PLEASE NOTE WE ARE ONLY TAKING BOOKINGS FOR 2021 – FOR THE SEA FISHING TRIPS NEAR EDINBURGH* (This is for chartered trips only and these give you exclusive use of our boat and two guides/ premium tackle and photography – budget price £650.00 per day up to 5 rods max)
The Berwickshire coast is within easy reach of Edinburgh and offers productive sea fishing for cod and pollock from a boat close to the shore. In addition you can can mackerel, wrasse, and ling. This is a world famous Geological site, where Dr James Hutton discovered the theories of conformity by studying the amazing rock formations on the coast.
What to expect
If based in Edinburgh, we will meet you at the harbour launch point (1 hour) Departure times vary depending on tide times, each session lasts approx 6 hours. Everything you need will be provided, the best quality sea fishing tackle, brand new auto – inflate (crewsaver) life vests, photography. Fishing is fly or spin casting with lures, jig heads, and soft plastics lures.
Your professional guide will assist you on the boat. Trips are typically 6 hours, though we are flexible. The spots we fish tend to be 25-50ft in depth and close to the shoreline, this means that with a westerly wind, the boat is relatively sheltered on the East Coast, and makes for a pleasant days fishing.
It is possible to keep some fish for the table on this trip, though we don’t encourage guests to kill everything. Sustainable fishing is our aim. If for some reason the weather prohibits the trip, we have a worthy alternative trout fishing loch nearby.
- Chartered boat with qualified skipper and guide.
- Transport to /from Edinburgh (other pick up points by arrangement)
- All the sea fishing tackle and clothing you require We use the very best!
- Professional guide, and a qualified skipper (two men)
- Photographs of the day for each guest.
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap £25
- Gourmet packed lunch served on the boat and a welcome Dram. All the ingredients are locally sourced and organic. £35
- Excellent local accommodation – Ask