Delicious River and Loch Side Fishing Lunches – A Taste of Scotland
For 15 years we have been creating tasty lunches for our guests, using the best locally sourced and organic ingredients. Alba was the first outdoor event company to be listed on “Taste of Scotland” website and we featured in articles in the Scottish Field and Sky TV for our legendary lunches.
Alba Fishing have teamed up with two very talented ladies, at Eolach Food. Jenny and Verity come from a strong background in the food industry. Verity having ran the kitchen at the Glenelg Inn near Skye and then masterminded the food and hospitality at the 5 star Killyhuntly Farmhouse in the Cairngorm National Park. Eolach Food, embrace all that is Scottish, using fantastic local ingredients, wild foraged food and the freshest seafood.
As you can imagine, most Fishing Huts whilst being cozy, warm and comfortable do not have fully fitted professional kitchen in them, so we had to devise a system to create the best results.
Natural produce from the Isle of Skye
These delicious fishing lunches are prepared in the Eolach kitchen near Skye. The dishes are then vacuum sealed and frozen. On the fishing day, the main course is reheated using a thermal bath, which is temperature regulated. The additional components of the food, such as fresh breads and salads wine and vegetables are cooked fresh and added to the meal on the day.
Our wines this year come in three levels. The Gillie, The Guest and Laird and The Lairds Table. regardless of what level you choose, these are carefully chosen and fantastic wines and champagnes all supplied by Enotria Wine Importers.
Finally, if running an event, why not add, cheese platters, served on Barcaldine slate, Port, Cigars or anything else that takes your fancy. The answer is Yes, what’s the question.
Typical Fishing Lunch Menu
These lunches are available as an optional extra on the fishing days we deliver. The cost is £40 for one person and £60 for two. This includes paired wines and a end of day dram, soft drinks and snacks.
- Borders organic shoulder of lamb slow cooked in Moroccan spices. Fresh tomatoes, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, ginger, and organic dried fruit. Served with couscous or basmati wild rice.
- Highland lamb shank slow braised in red wine and mirepoix of vegetables with seasonal greens and rosemary garlic mashed potatoes.
- Garlic seared confit mallard duck leg in a tarragon and thyme borlotti bean cassoulet served with a wedge of sourdough bread.
- Wild Highland venison casserole cooked in local Dun Ale” with thyme, rosemary and suet dumplings, carrots, seasonal greens, and organic potatoes.
- Handmade parsley and basil gnocchi in roasted garlic butter with parmesan shavings.
- Boeuf bourguignon, Aberdeen Angus beef slow cooked in red wine?with minted peas and organic potatoes
- Fragrant Thai red curry with Coconut, Lemongrass, Galangal, fresh lime, coriander, and basil. Served with papads and steamed wild basmati rice.
Lunch Setting overlooking the River Tweed
Alba also offer the option of professional photography of your days fishing. We use full frame Nikon DSLR cameras (Nikon D850) and prime lenses. These images are then sent to the clients using a link to Dropbox. Included in the cost of professional photography for the day £350.00 we will also produce a photo book.
All the images you see on this website are original images from actual fishing trips throughout Scotland, we have hosted. All images belong to Alba Game Fishing and cannot be reproduced without permission.