Update on safety procedures for safe fishing trips
Dear Friends and Travellers:
In light of the development and coverage of the Coronavirus outbreak, we wanted to update our clients and agents on the measures we have implemented at Alba Game Fishing and communicate our terms and conditions.
Our aim during this temporary period of unrest is to be clear and communicate with our well-informed travellers, service providers and booking agents.
How we deal with this challenging problem is a true measure by which we want to be judged and we want to assist with rescheduling with as little fuss as possible, during this especially difficult time.
These measures have been adopted by our team during this crisis and until the Covid -19 scare subsides
- Guests fishing with Alba should rest assured we are fully aware of the risks of Covid -19 (Coronavirus) and are concerned and monitoring the situation daily.
- We have measures in place during this period to minimise risk and ensure the safety of our guests.
- We (our guides) will look to reschedule any trips with guests from high risk geographical areas, in line with government and health experts guidelines. The following areas are highlighted here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/advice-for-travellers/
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty. It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Our guides will avoid handshakes and high fives during this period, and they also will carry a stock of medically approved alcohol based anti – bacterial hand wipes.
- Vehicles and fishing tackle will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each trip. Door handles and rod handles swabbed down with anti bacterial wipes.
- Any of our guides suffering from any suspicious symptoms i.e. a high temp, or common head cold, he will be pulled off a job, and an alternative guide put in place. That guide will be asked to self quarantine for two weeks.
- Rubber gloves will be worn when preparing lunches.
Our updated terms and conditions which include Coronavirus Considerations can be found here
In summary as there are currently restrictions to travel to the UK, we will waive rescheduling fees and work with clients to offer alternative dates.
We are watching the news to keep abreast of what is being projected but we are getting our real information from the three sources below. They are in the business of keeping people informed as opposed to making news.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
We want everyone to know that as always, we are here in the office ready, willing, and happy to talk about any topics of interest or concern. Thanks again for your support and we look forward to working with all of you over the many fishing seasons to come.
Stewart Collingswood, Founder and MD Alba Game Fishing Team